While I love eating dates solo, they’re even more epic when stuffed with peanut butter and dipped in dark chocolate. Add in a little sea salt and you have yourself the most perfectly balanced dessert.
And the best part? These little bites takes five minutes to prepare, so you can have the richest, most scrumptious treats hanging out in your belly in no time!
If you make these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Covered Dates, be sure to tag me on Instagram and leave me a comment below!
- 16 large, soft Medjool dates
- 8 tablespoons peanut butter (can substitute almond butter, cashew butter, or tahini)
- Flaky sea salt
- 3-4 ounces vegan dark chocolate, chopped or cut into small pieces
- Optional Toppings: shredded coconut, raw cacao nibs, finely chopped nuts, freeze-dried raspberry powder, etc.
- Remove the pits from each of the dates. Use your fingers to separate the dates to create a cavity, but don’t pull them completely apart.
- Line a baking tray or cutting board with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Spoon 1-2 teaspoons of peanut butter into each date cavity, depending on the size of each date. Sprinkle the peanut butter with sea salt.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals until almost completely melted and smooth, then use a whisk or silicone spatula to melt any remaining pieces. It usually takes three rounds in my microwave to melt.
- Dip the stuffed dates in the melted dark chocolate, coating them in as much chocolate as you’d like. Spread the dates out on the parchment paper-lined baking tray or cutting board.
- Sprinkle any optional toppings on top of the chocolate before the chocolate melts. Freeze the dates until the chocolate sets, about 10-15 minutes, or refrigerate for about 30 minutes.