Preserved Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Preserved lemons perk up this simple yogurt sauce, which is fabulous with falafel, lentils and chickpeas, roasted potatoes, or even as a dip with toasted pita bread. It takes just 5 minutes to make!
- 1/2 cup (113g) good-quality unsweetened coconut yogurt*
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons preserved lemon rind, minced
- ¼ cup (3g) cilantro leaves, finely chopped and divided
- 1 large garlic clove, grated or crushed with a press
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper (or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes)
- Sea salt to taste
Mix together the yogurt, 1 tablespoon of preserved lemon peel, cilantro, garlic, and Aleppo pepper. Season to taste with salt. Taste, and add more preserved lemon peel or salt as desired.