15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta (Vegan)
Quick, easy, and foolproof, this 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta is perfect for hectic weeknights. With just a few pantry staples and some ripe avocados, you can have a delicious creamy pasta dinner on the table in just 15 minutes.
- 16 ounces linguine (sub with gluten-free pasta, as needed)
- 2 medium ripe avocados, pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (I used almond milk; use oat milk or soy milk to keep nut-free)
- Zest of 1/2 of a large lemon
- Juice of 1/2 of a large lemon
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh basil, slivered
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Once the water is nearly boiling, add a generous amount of salt to the water. Add the linguine and cook according to the package instructions.
Meanwhile, prepare the avocado sauce. In a food processor, add the flesh of the ripe avocados, almond milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil leaves, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne. Purée until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula as needed.
Once pasta is al dente, drain the pasta but reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Pour the avocado sauce over the hot pasta and toss to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water to thin out.
Finish pasta with fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, hemp seeds and cashew parmesan (if using).