Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
This makes a decent amount of cheese sauce; you’ll have plenty to make at least 8 crunchwraps. Use leftovers in quesadillas, tacos, nachos, or burritos. It’ll stay good in the fridge for at least 5 days.
- 1 cup ~120g raw cashews, soaked overnight (or soaked in boiling water for 1 hour)
- 1/2 cup ~112g vegan unsweetened plain yogurt (I used this one)
- 1/2 cup ~120g salsa of choice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños + 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño brine, optional but what gives this a distinct nacho taste
Drain the soaked cashews and pat dry. Add the cashews, along with the remaining ingredients, to a high-powered blender. Blend until thick, creamy, and smooth.