If you’re like me, you likely don’t have time to cook breakfast most mornings, so this delicious Pear and Date Spiced Oatmeal will be a lifesaver. The steel-cut oats give this oatmeal a nice bite and help keep the leftovers tasting chewy instead of soggy (which is usually the case with leftover oatmeal made from rolled oats or quick oats). This recipe makes a huge batch of oatmeal so you can enjoy it throughout the week (mine still tasted great after six days!). Instant Pot to the rescue, yet again!
And if you want more than 90 incredible vegan Instant Pot recipes, be sure to order my cookbook, The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook!
To see exactly how I make this Pear and Date Spiced Oatmeal, check out the video below (it’s the final recipe and starts at 08:53).
Instant Pot Pear and Date Spiced Oatmeal
- Coconut oil or cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups steel-cut oats
- 4 cups oat milk or other nondairy milk
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 large pears, peeled and diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Lightly coat the inner pot of the Instant Pot with coconut oil or cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Add all of the ingredients to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and set the valve to Sealing (not Venting). Select the Pressure Cook setting (or Manual setting on older models) at high pressure and set the cook time to 12 minutes.
- Once the 12-minute timer has completed and beeps, allow a natural pressure release for 20 minutes; then switch the Pressure Release knob from Sealing to Venting to release any remaining steam.
- Open the pot and stir the oatmeal thoroughly. There may be some liquid and foam on top, but once you stir it, the liquid will incorporate into the oatmeal and thicken up.
Leave a Comment & Rating