I recently shared three Budget-Friendly Easy Vegan Instant Pot recipes over on Youtube, and one of them is for Vegan Instant Pot Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal. It couldn’t be easier and is a great way to get breakfast on the table with minimal work.
This vegan Instant Pot oatmeal recipe is not only budget-friendly but also incredibly easy to make. All you need to do is toss four ingredients (plus water and salt) into the Instant Pot. Set the Instant Pot to the pressure cook setting, and you’ll come back to creamy, delicious oatmeal.
Watch! How to make this oatmeal
I always use steel-cut oats for the Instant Pot because they get nice and creamy but retain a chewy bite (rolled oats get mushy in the Instant Pot; and definitely steer clear of quick cooking oats). Like most of my dried goods, I buy my oats in bulk to save money.
The only thing to remember is you need to grease the inner pot a bit with some oil or cooking spray when cooking oats in the Instant Pot. Otherwise, oats have a tendency to stick to the bottom of the pot and trigger that burn function.
In addition to being budget-friendly and easy to make, this oatmeal is also really wholesome! It has slow-digesting fiber from oats, healthy fats to keep you satiated from the peanut butter and light coconut milk, and is completely free of added sugars. The only source of sugar comes from the bananas.
This Vegan Instant Pot Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal is also a great option for meal prep because the leftovers will stay good in the fridge for several days!
And if you want more than 90 incredible vegan Instant Pot recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook!
More Breakfast Recipes to Try!
- Love oats but cookies even more? Try these Chewy Chai Spiced Oatmeal Cookies. Healthy enough for breakfast!
- Want to ditch your Starbucks habit? Then try this utterly irresistible Sweet and Spicy Almond Butter Latte!
- Love sweet potatoes? Pick from one of these five loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes!
Vegan Instant Pot Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel-cut oats (certified gluten-free if needed)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can “lite” coconut milk, or equivalent amount of oat milk, cashew milk, or soy milk
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons natural, no-sugar-added peanut butter
- Coat the inner pot of the Instant Pot with cooking spray or oil to prevent the oats from sticking to the bottom. Then add the oats, coconut milk, water, salt, and cinnamon to the Instant Pot and stir well. Scoop the mashed bananas on top of the oat mixture, but don’t stir in.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure and set the cook time to 12 minutes.
- Once the 12-minute timer has completed and beeps, allow a natural pressure release for 20 minutes and then switch the Pressure Release knob from Sealing to Venting to release any remaining steam.
- Open the pot and stir the oatmeal thoroughly. There may be some liquid or foam on top, but once you stir it, the liquid will incorporate into the oatmeal and thicken up.
- Stir in the peanut butter and serve warm. Once cool, store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Leave a Comment & Rating