Every year, my audience’s interest in Veganuary increases, so I figured I had to share a roundup of 30 easy Veganuary recipes that’ll get you more than excited about eating plant-based food!
Since Veganuary began in 2014, participation has more than doubled each year. That is amazing news because eating a plant-based diet is the best thing you can do for the planet, your health, and the animals. Whether you’re newly vegan or just veg-curious, here are 20 incredibly flavorful and delicious vegan recipes to try this Veganuary!
30 Easy Vegan Veganuary Recipes
A hearty, flavor-packed lentil and sticky onion filling (that’s meaty without the meat) gets paired with fluffy mashed potatoes and cauliflower in this healthy plant-based spin on shepherd’s pie. The perfect healthy comfort food for winter.
- Blog reader Shannon says “This was INCREDIBLE! Seriously one of the best things I’ve ever had. I’ve been vegan for 18 years and I’ve never had a traditional shepherd’s pie but I can’t believe that a traditional one would be better than this!!”
- Blog reader Malu says “Best recipe ever!! Made it for New Year’s Eve and it literally blow our minds! It’s has such an amazing flavor, best mashed potato topping!”
These Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Quesadillas are the absolute best vegan quesadillas you’ll ever try! Made with a spicy buffalo sauce, chickpeas, and a Mexican cheese sauce, this is the ultimate comfort food!
- Blog reader Radhika says “What sorcery is this Nisha ! This recipe is sooo yummy, fool-proof and downright delicious…make it right now !”
- Blog reader Deanna says “My partner and I both absolutely LOVE this recipe! We’ve made it so many times for friends & family since first trying it & it’s always delicious, with friends (even non-dietary restricted ones) constantly ask us to share the recipe.”
These Crispy Spicy Vegan Cauliflower Tacos are so flavorful that no one will miss the meat! Made with crispy baked cauliflower coated in a buttery hot sauce, a cooling jicama-carrot slaw, and a delicious cilantro crema. Vegan, nut-free, soy-free, and easy to make gluten-free.
- Blog reader Jackalyn says “I made this for dinner tonight and my husband and I both agreed that these were better than any restaurant tacos we’ve had! So fresh and flavorful with wonderful crunch.”
- Blog reader Nathan says “after making these tacos today, I was just blown away. The crispy, spicy cauliflower tasted better than any breaded chicken I can remember, and the slaw balanced it really well.”
This 10-Ingredient Vegan Red Lentil Bolognese is hearty, meaty, and packed with umami but 100% wholesome, vegan, and gluten-free. And it’s made with just 10 main ingredients—all pantry staples!
- Blog reader Paula says “I am an omnivore, and have never made, let alone tasted, a non-meat-based bolognese sauce before this one. I just made a batch of this, and it is the best bolognese I have ever tasted.”
- Blog reader Kath says “Nisha, plaster this recipe everywhere! I made it last Sunday and am just getting around to eating it on Friday and I am so mad at myself. This is the best thing I have eaten in a long time.”
This Restaurant-Style Vegan Dal Tadka is an incredibly flavorful, deeply spiced Indian lentil stew that’s healthy, vegan, and gluten-free, yet pure comfort food. Includes stovetop and Instant Pot directions.
- Blog reader Maneesha says “Such a great recipe, Nisha! I loved it! I am a Daal lover, and it was great trying your recipe, different from my family’s Daal recipe! Loved it!.”
- Blog reader Shaylise says “This is amazing better than any restaurants I have been to! Another amazing recipe thank you so much! 10 stars!”
This Thai Butternut Squash Chickpea Curry is packed with aromatic Thai flavors and is indulgent yet healthy. It’s also weeknight friendly and takes, from start to finish, just 45 minutes to make. Plus, it’s meal prep friendly and makes great leftovers!
- Blog reader Marcella says “This was so delicious! My boyfriend and I were so impressed. The amazing aromatics in this recipe rock!”
- Blog reader Nicole says “This curry is to-die-for! My meat eating hubby went back for thirds. Highly recommend making the extra effort to get thai ingredients (basil, chiles) if you can.”
Gourmet but easy to make, these Mediterranean Lentil and Grain Bowls are packed with fiber and protein and are great for weeknight dinners as well as meal prep.
- Blog reader Bridget says “I am so in love. It has become a staple for me. So so so easy and so full of flavor.”
- Blog reader Nancy says “OMG this meal is so good! My husband and I had t control ourselves from licking our plates clean! ”
A dump-and-go Instant Pot recipe that couldn’t be simpler! This Instant Pot White Bean Stew is healthy, vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free and has no added oil. And it comes together with zero hands-on cooking!
- Blog reader Sravya says “This is such a delicious recipe! its so comforting. i love drizzling it with some good olive oil and lemon juice!.”
- Blog reader Nina says “I’ve tried many dump and go instant pot recipes because they’re so easy but they’re usually a little lacking in flavor. Not so with this recipe! Thank you!”
These lettuce wraps are a light yet flavorful Asian-inspired dinner perfect for summer. Tofu and oyster mushrooms are baked on a sheet pan, then doused in a spicy almond-sesame sauce and served in lettuce wraps. Light yet extremely flavorful.
- Blog reader Rachel says “Wow. This dish was amazing. Tofu is so crispy and delicious. The combination of flavors and textures was delightful.”
- Blog reader Maxine says “Love these lettuce wraps! They are much easier to make than I expected and easy to customize with what you already have.”
Just like the Crunchwrap Supreme from Taco Bell but VEGAN! Layers of vegan nacho cheese sauce, homemade vegan taco meat, sour cream, guacamole, crispy tostadas, and more! The most unbelievably delicious copycat fast food recipe you will ever taste!
- Blog reader Frances says “CRAVE-WORTHY RECIPE! I made these for dinner last night and they were so good – seriously one of the best things I’ve made in my kitchen.”
- Blog reader Christy says “We made these tonight and they are seriously the best vegan food we have had to date.”
This soup is a hearty yet healthy one-pot soup perfect for cold weather! Vegan, gluten-free, and full of flavor that will exceed your expectations! Includes stovetop and Instant Pot instructions.
- Blog reader Sandra says “I just finished a big bowl of this soup and it’s literally the best soup I’ve ever had.The gremolata creates such a unique flavor profile. My 3 year old son even enjoyed the broth.”
- Blog reader Savanna says “Oh my GOSH, this is sooo delicious you guys!!! Holy cow! I can’t even think of the right words to describe it except, DIVINE and AMAZING. It’s great for cold, cozy evenings and the gremolata on top was absolute perfection.”
12. Red Lentil Curry
This Vegan Red Lentil Curry is a fan favorite and the BEST lentil curry you will ever try and such a great easy Veganuary recipe! It’s easy and quick, making it a perfect weeknight dinner! Plus, it’s creamy and indulgent but made with wholesome vegan ingredients!
- Blog reader Jaw says “Wonderful recipe! This curry dish had great flavor and was absolutely delicious. I have made several curry dishes for my husband & I. He said this recipe tops any curry dishes I made in the past.”
- Blog reader Tyler says “ Freaking amazing. Just made it, great to get something this awesome with so little work! One of my favorite of your recipes, perfect for Veganuary.”
- Blog reader Rhea says “I love the meatless meatballs from ALDI so I knew I had to make this recipe! And let me just say, it blew my mind! I used spinach instead of kale and brown rice instead of quinoa, but it was so amazing.”
- Blog reader Rebecca says “we made this over the holidays and it was absolutely divine. This will be a Christmas staple in our household for years to come.”
This 9-Ingredient Vegan Caramelized Onion Pasta is bursting with umami from quick-caramelized onions, tomato paste, sundried tomatoes, and a handful of other pantry staples. Easy enough for weeknight dinners and loved by vegans and omnivores alike!
- Blog reader Joanne says “I just finished making this, and I seriously can NOT stop eating straight out of the pan! Holy smokes, this is so good!! I sure hope there’s some left for him to try it.”
- Blog reader Isidora says “I have made this recipe two times since the lockdown and is absolutely delicious, very simple and so tasty! Five stars recipe for sure.”
This Vegan Gambian Peanut Stew is vegan, gluten-free, and plant-forward, but it tastes like comfort food! Packed with hearty ingredients like protein-rich white beans, sweet potatoes, and kale, it’s a feel-good meal that’ll become your new favorite vegan dinner!
- Blog reader Nadya says “Made this last night for our Sunday night dinner ritual (we cook something new every Sunday) and we were blown away! The flavors are complex, the stew is hearty and cozy, and it got two thumbs up from from my husband and picky 12 year old.”
- Blog reader Robert says “I decided to make this amazing recipe for my first time yesterday with a friend in honor of celebrating the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. This recipe ended up being euphoric by helping me tap into my roots. The lime and cilantro definitely married the flavors for me, and I am looking forward to making this for a upcoming dinner party in a few weeks. ”
This is the BEST vegan mushroom stroganoff you will ever try! It’s packed with umami, is super flavorful, and is so creamy you won’t believe it’s dairy-free and vegan. It’s the ultimate comfort food!
- Blog reader Jen says “The fact that my husband not only ate this but even ate leftovers the next day or so speaks volumes! He’s a newly converted plant based – mostly vegan (baby steps) and I loved it just as much!”
- Blog reader Sara says “Everything about this recipe is decadent & delicious! When the combination of the meatiness of the mushrooms and the richness of the sauce touch your lips I promise you all of your problems will melt away. It is a wonderfully satisfying & satiating recipe.”
A protein-packed chili meets pasta in this One-Pot Vegan Chili Mac! Easy and quick and made with simple ingredients, this is a perfect hearty weeknight-friendly and budget-friendly dinner! Easy to make gluten-free, soy-free, and oil-free.
- Blog reader Monica says “Made this tonight and it was a big hit. My hubby and 2 boys loved it as much as I did! Thank you for this great recipe!”
- Blog reader Joan says “This was so delicious! It’s a cold winter Christmas Eve and this was perfect! Nice and easy and not a lot of clean up. So dang good.”
18. Chana Masala
This vegan Instant Pot Chana Masala is packed with authentic Indian flavor and rivals any restaurant dish, but is easy and quick to make. Stovetop instructions included.
- Blog reader Jordan says “This was the first meal I made in my Instant Pot and I’m so happy with how it turned out. Such a delicious homemade curry- I couldn’t believe I made it!”
- Blog reader Hannah says “I made this recipe for lunch today and it was so delicious! It was my first time using an Instant Pot and your instructions were super helpful!”
Quick, easy, and foolproof, this creamy avocado pasta is the perfect easy Veganuary recipe. With just a few pantry staples and some ripe avocados, you can have dinner on the table in just 15 minutes.
- Blog reader Su says “I made this yesterday despite having zero motivation to cook. It came out amazing and tastes even better today! Thank you for this lovely recipe – definitely a keeper :)”
- Blog reader Sarah says “I made this yesterday for a quick, yet nutrious and filling, dinner on a busy weeknight! My BF and I both loved it!”
This Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwich is made with chickpeas and hearts of palm, seasoned with dulse flakes for a taste of the ocean, and finished with classic American ingredients like sweet pickle relish. It’s the new “I can’t believe it’s not tuna!”
- Blog reader Liz says “This is the best vegan recipe ever. I don’t do vegan version of regular meals, but this got my attention. Genius. Thank you!”
- Youtube viewer Coen says “Oh my freaking goodness. I was curious how much the non-tuna salad would taste like actual tuna and when I made it I was absolutely FLOORED. It really tastes just like tuna!!! So amazing. It’s now one of my favorite recipes.”
Enjoy gourmet restaurant-style Indian food at home with this Vegan Palak Tofu Paneer! A fragrant, creamy spinach curry made healthier with tofu instead of cheese. An easy yet impressive vegan Indian dinner!
- Blog reader Vanessa says “this was delicious. I have tried many recipes for different Indian curries and such, but this recipe tasted like what I would order in a restaurant.”
- Blog reader Alyssa says “This recipe is incredible. I recently went vegan and have been missing cheese, especially paneer. I think this tastes way better than the restaurant versions of this dish”
This is a simple yet flavorful meal for those busy weeknight dinners. Made with wholesome everyday ingredients, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free but doesn’t skimp on flavor. An easy meal to have on rotation throughout Veganuary.
- Blog reader Aurora says “Delicious! I find many beans & rice recipes bland but this one is so good, savory and filling. Thank you!”
- Blog reader Bethany says “I made this for dinner and really loved it! I love white beans but don’t use them enough and the miso paste added great flavor. I’ll definitely make this again!”
This Creamy Mushroom and Black Beluga Lentil Stew is vegan, gluten-free, and plant-forward, but creamy and delicious. With hearty black beluga lentils, umami-packed mushrooms, and nutrition superstar kale, this is comfort food you can feel good about. One of my favorite Veganuary recipes.
- Blog reader Wendy says “We just made this for dinner tonight and absolutely Loved every bite. Thank you for sharing this with us.”
- Blog reader Marion says “We made this for dinner tonight and wow, what a great recipe! Creamy, hearty, flavorful, and everything else you would want in a winter dish. Definitely a keeper!”
This 10-Ingredient Creamy Vegan Pantry Pasta is made with just a handful of everyday pantry staples and it’ll quickly become part of your regular easy weeknight dinner rotation. It’s creamy, cheesy, and smoky and indulgent yet healthy, and guaranteed to be a crowd pleasing meal.
- Blog reader Stephanie says “Delicious! Made the pasta last night and we literally licked the pot :) I doubled the portions and it worked great.”
- Blog reader Shell says “Wow!!! This turned out to be so delicious! It tastes just like the rigatoni sauce that I used to get from our local pizza place before I went vegan. I had been searching for a replacement to get that same taste and THIS is the one! I am overjoyed!”
Roasted butternut squash gets stuffed with the most flavorful, umami-packed lentil filling, then drizzled with a creamy sauce made from the scooped out butternut squash. A hearty and satisfying main course for any winter dinner, especially holiday meals!
- Blog reader Mirae says “Made this as a part of a Christmas lunch. It was an absolute fav from my omnivore and herbivore friends!!”
- Blog reader Sebastian says “Loved loved loved this. Perfect for thanksgiving or any cold evening. The lentils by themselves is now my go-to way to cook lentils. So creamy and decadent yet not heavy.”
A sticky, spicy and slightly sweet tofu and broccoli dish, this is the best of Chinese takeout food but made at home and in the Instant Pot! It’s a recipe from my cookbook, The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook!
- Blog reader Sarah says “I got an instant pot for Christmas and made this recipe last night and it was DIVINE!! 5 star. My only complaint is I ate it all and want more!! Haha”
- Blog reader David says “Just amazing and not nearly as intimidating as it seemed. This recipe was delicious and made the IP much more approachable for me..”
This Crispy Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food. An incredibly creamy (and easy) vegan cheese sauce gets paired with elbow macaroni, covered in a crispy and buttery breadcrumb, and then baked in the oven.
- Blog reader Michelle says “Amazing!!! Going to my go-to cheesy macaroni recipe for life. Simply delicious. Thank you.”
- Blog reader Valentina says “It’s the best mac n cheese recipe I’ve ever made! I’ve been making vegan mac n cheese for the 10 years I’ve been vegan – this is the best one!”
This Smoky Sweet Potato and Pinto Bean Chili is pantry-friendly, budget-friendly, meal prep-friendly, and freezer friendly! It’s hearty, velvety, and sticks to your ribs but is healthy, vegan, and gluten-free. Includes Instant Pot directions!
- Blog reader Luna says “Oh my….i can’t believe it turned out soooo good! We ate it with toasted garlic bread and put vegan cheese on top and some nutritional yeast . Very rich flavour!”
- Blog reader Nicole says “Wow, what a delicious chili! I scaled back on the peppers since I have a bad case of baby mouth (lol) but it was still so flavorful and yummy. Definitely making it part of my rotation.”
This Vegan Italian White Bean and Pasta Stew is rustic Italian comfort food at its finest. Creamy and saucy and packed with flavor, but also easy and fuss-free. Made with all pantry ingredients, it’s budget-friendly and perfect for weeknight dinners.
- Blog reader June says “Thank you for this recipe..it did not disappoint! I doubled it and used fire roasted tomatoes and chickpeas cause that’s what I had in my pantry. I also used gluten free pasta(son has celiac) which I was nervous about but it came out amazing!”
- Blog reader Hsi Yen says “I live in a van and I love how simple and mess free this! The stew holds so much flavour and it was so quick to make. My partner has a cold at the moment and it cheered him right up!”
Lasagna meets fall pumpkin flavors in this Instant Pot Pumpkin Lasagna Soup. If you love easy Instant Pot soups, this cold weather comfort food is the perfect vegan dinner to make!
- Blog reader Samantha says “I made this today and it is AMAZING!!!! so flavorful and creamy. Everyone liked it, including my 3 year old.”
- Blog reader Dana says “If I could give this more than 5 stars I would! Run to make this right now! It’s creamy and rich and probably the best thing I’ve ever made.”