There is a glorious bounty of fresh produce in season in August, so here are over 45 seasonal recipes to make this August! All recipes are delicious, packed with flavor, and 100% vegan.
Fresh produce in season in August
This list isn’t entirely comprehensive (I left out a few produce items to keep this list manageable), but here is a fairly expansive list of what’s in season in August!
Nectarines and Peaches
Zucchini and Summer Squash
40+ Seasonal Recipes to Make in August
Below you’ll find over 45 recipes to make this August using in-season fruits and vegetables, all available on my blog. Click on the link for each recipe, and to see the photo, use the arrows on the slideshow.
And if you have my cookbook, The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook, I’ve also included some seasonal recipes to try from there :)
1. Vegan Beet Alfredo: Creamy vegan alfredo sauce meets beets in this delightful, vibrant pasta dish! Paired with a lemon-basil ricotta, it’s a creamy yet light and refreshing pasta dish.
2. Beet and Fennel Salad: Roasted beets meet chewy farro, crunchy walnuts and creamy avocado in this salad! All the best textures, and finished with a slightly sweet and addictive citrus-date vinaigrette. (This is the first salad recipe in this roundup blog post).
3. Fudgy Vegan Chocolate Beet Truffles: Made with just six main ingredients, these truffles are wholesome yet taste indulgent and melt in your mouth. They’re also gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free, nut-free and include a Paleo option!
4. Vegan Blackberry Galette: An easy and rustic yet impressive dessert that’s perfect for summertime. Made with fresh blackberries and baked in a golden buttery crust, then topped with fresh mint, basil, and vegan vanilla ice cream.
5. Healthy Blackberry Basil Lemonade: This refreshing beverage is so unique you’ll never want to make classic lemonade again. Made with just 5 ingredients, it’s easy to make, refined sugar-free, and guaranteed to cool you down during the summer.
6. Lemon Poppy Seed Layer Cake with Blackberry Jam: This layer cake is fluffy and tender, and a complete show stopper. With layers of tangy blackberry-ginger jam and a decadent vegan cream cheese frosting, it’s truly one of the best cakes you’ll ever taste.
Have my cookbook? Try the Blackberry Lemon Meyer Bread Pudding in Chapter 7.
7. Blueberry Banana Bread with Streusel Topping: A fluffy and moist vegan banana bread mixed with blueberries and finished with an irresistible oat streusel topping.
8. Vegan Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins: A mashup of everyone’s favorite muffin flavors, these muffins are such a delicious treat! Made with wholesome ingredients like coconut yogurt, almond meal, and bananas, they’re refined sugar-free but packed with lots of bright, zingy flavor.
9. No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Brownie Bars: An easy no-bake treat that stays well in the freezer and is a great cool-down treat for summer! The base tastes like a raw brownie, the cheesecake filling is creamy but wholesome, and the berry topping is made with just 3 ingredients (this is the 4th recipe in this blog post).
Have my cookbook? Try the Blueberry Mojito Jam in Chapter 1 or the Mixed Berry Compote in Chapter 7.
10. Chinese Takeout-Style Tofu and Broccoli: A sticky, spicy and slightly sweet tofu and broccoli dish, this is the best of Chinese takeout food but made at home and in the Instant Pot! It’s a recipe from my cookbook, The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook!
11. Vegan Sesame-Cashew Soba Noodle Salad: Hearty soba noodles meet a creamy and spicy sesame-cashew sauce and are paired with seared tempeh and fresh veggies in this Vegan Soba Noodle Salad. Packed with flavor but easy enough for a weeknight dinner!
Have my cookbook? Try the Garlicky Broccoli with Orange Zest and Almonds in Chapter 4 or White Bean and Broccoli Soup in Chapter 6.
12. Vegan Instant Pot Lentil Cabbage Soup: An easy, budget-friendly lentil and cabbage soup made in the Instant Pot. Made with everyday, affordable ingredients you might already have in your pantry), this is a hearty and easy soup that’s perfect for meal prep and easy, quick dinners.
13. Vegan Sesame Tempeh Rice Bowl: A low-FODMAP dinner idea that doesn’t compromise on flavor! Featuring sesame-almond butter marinated tempeh, an Asian-inspired cabbage-carrot slaw, and brown rice.
Have my cookbook? Try the Sweet and Spicy Braised Red Cabbage in Chapter 4.
14. Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Tonic: This Anti-Inflammatory, Immune-Boosting Turmeric Tonic is packed with antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins, and healthy fats, making it the perfect healthy morning beverage! Plus, learn how to maximize the health benefits of turmeric!
15. Spicy Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Carrot-Jicama Slaw: These tacos are so flavorful that no one will miss the meat! Made with crispy baked cauliflower coated in a buttery hot sauce, a cooling jicama-carrot slaw, and a delicious cilantro crema. Vegan, nut-free, soy-free, and easy to make gluten-free.
16. Spicy Instant Pot Carrot Harissa Soup: This Carrot Harissa Soup is creamy yet healthy and is super easy to make, thanks to the Instant Pot. Packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, and vitamins, and a perfect marriage of spicy, smoky, and sweet flavors.
Have my cookbook? Try the Ginger Carrot Miso Butter in Chapter 1, the Maple Carrots with Ginger-Almond Cream in Chapter 4, or Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup in Chapter 6.
17. Charred Corn Salad with White Beans: This Charred Corn Salad is the most delicious use for summer corn! Plus, it requires just 9 ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make. It’s a crowd pleasing side dish for barbecues and picnics, but also hearty enough to stand in as a main dish.
18. Vegan Instant Pot Corn Chowder: This is the best corn chowder you will ever taste and it’s so easy, thanks to the Instant Pot! Featuring fresh corn and jalapeños, along with potatoes and cashews for a corn chowder that’s as creamy as a bisque. It’s a recipe from my cookbook, The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook :)
19. Double Wrapped Black Bean and Corn Salad Tacos: In these double wrapped tacos, a soft corn tortilla gets spread with refried black beans, which become the “glue” that helps them adhere to the hard taco shell. It makes for an excellent combination of textures, or as my boyfriend says, “it makes tacos even more fun.” (This is the first taco recipe in this roundup blog post).
20. Sweet and Spicy Smashed Cucumber Salad: An easy, healthy, and light side dish that’s perfect for warm weather and takes cucumbers from bland to addictive. Slightly sweet and spicy, garlicky, and fresh, it’s surprisingly addictive yet very healthy (vegan, Paleo, and refined sugar-free).
21. Creamy Avocado Pea Gazpacho: Made with wholesome ingredients like avocados, peas, cucumbers, lime juice, cilantro, and coconut milk, this unique gazpacho is surprisingly creamy and satisfying. The perfect no-cook, 10-minute lunch or light dinner for hot days.
22. Watermelon Cucumber Salad with Mint and Basil: An easy, light, and healthy salad that’s perfect for picnics, barbecues, and al fresco dining. Made with crisp cucumbers, juicy watermelon, and fresh herbs, it’s a great alternative to traditional salads.
23. Tahini and Greens Pasta Salad: This recipe tastes just like classic pasta salad but it’s so much better for you! Instead of mayo, the creaminess comes from tahini, and to add lots of freshness, there’s lots of lemon, basil, dil, and parsley. Green beans and asparagus get cooked with pasta at the same time, making this an easy and fuss-free 15-minute meal. (This is the first pasta recipe in this roundup blog post).
24. Asparagus and Green Bean Salad with Tahini Dressing: Instead of salad greens, the base of this salad is blanched asparagus and green beans. They get paired with punchy shallots, juicy cherry tomatoes, and easy, creamy tahini dressing. (This is the third salad recipe in this roundup blog post).
Have my cookbook? Try the Green Beans with Maple-Tahini Dressing in Chapter 4.
25. Creamy White Beans with Kale and Wild Rice: This is a simple yet flavorful meal for those busy weeknight dinners. Made with wholesome everyday ingredients, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free but doesn’t skimp on flavor.
26. Smashed Chickpea Wraps with Kale-Basil Pesto: Made with simple, affordable ingredients like kale, chickpeas, and sweet potatoes, these wraps don’t skimp on flavor and are a great hearty lunch option. (This is the third meal in this roundup blog post).
27. Creamy White Bean Soup with Kale and Gremolata: A hearty yet healthy easy soup! Vegan, gluten-free, and full of flavor thanks to three secret ingredients! I promise you this soup will exceed your expectations! Instant Pot instructions included.
Have my cookbook? Try the Citrus Kale and Carrots in Chapter 4.
28. Crispy Sesame Tofu and Mushroom Lettuce Wraps: A light yet flavorful Asian-inspired dinner perfect for summer. Tofu and oyster mushrooms are baked on a sheet pan, then doused in a spicy and creamy almond-sesame sauce (that is truly addictive) and served in lettuce wraps.
29. Creamy Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff: This is the BEST vegan mushroom stroganoff you will ever try! It’s packed with umami, is super flavorful, and is so creamy you won’t believe it’s dairy-free and vegan! It’s the ultimate comfort food!
30. Creamy Mushroom and Black Beluga Lentil Stew: This dinner idea is vegan, gluten-free, and plant-forward dinner yet creamy and delicious. With hearty black beluga lentils, umami-packed mushrooms, and nutrition superstar kale, this is comfort food you can feel good about!
Have my cookbook? Try the Brown Rice Congee with Mushroom Broth in Chapter 2, Savory Turmeric Breakfast Quinoa in Chapter 2, or Miso Mushroom Risotto in Chapter 5.
Nectarines and Peaches
31. Instant Pot Nectarine Berry Crisp: Get your bake on without turning on the oven! This is an easy dessert recipe made in the Instant Pot. Jammy blueberries and nectarines get cooked in the Instant Pot (just 1 minute) and are paired with a skillet-made crisp topping.
32. Peaches and Cream Puff Pastry Tart: This is an extremely easy and delicious summer dessert idea. Made simple with store-bought puff pastry and store-bought vegan cream cheese!
33. Vegan Brown Butter Peach Cobbler: This is the most indulgent and delicious peach cobbler you’ll ever taste! A fruity brown butter cobbler made vegan, but no one will ever know! Sticky and caramelized on the outside, fluffy and light on the inside.
34. Instant Pot Couscous and Lentil Salad: An easy dump-and-go Instant Pot recipe that’s a light, healthy vegan recipe perfect for summer. Featuring French green lentils, pearl couscous, bell peppers, carrots, a zingy vinaigrette, and lots of fresh herbs.
35. Instant Pot Burrito Bowl Stuffed Peppers: Burrito bowls meet bell peppers meet the Instant Pot! With a short cook time and an easy filling made of everyday pantry ingredients, these Instant Pot Burrito Bowl Stuffed Peppers are perfect for quick weeknight dinners.
36. Easy Mango Avocado Salsa: Made with juicy mangos, creamy avocado, and chili peppers, this Mango Avocado Salsa is sweet yet tangy, refreshing yet a little spicy, and perfect for summer grilling season and barbecues. Feel free to throw in some chopped red/yellow/orange bell peppers for a refreshing crunch!
Have my cookbook? Try the Couscous and Chickpea Stuffed Peppers in Chapter 4.
37. Vegan Plum Almond Cake: An extremely fluffy plum almond cake that’s perfect for plum season. It’s a light, tender cake with a fine crumb, it’s not too sweet, and is dotted with juicy, tart plums.
38. Plum Banana Bread: A variation on the classic banana bread, this plum banana bread is unexpectedly delicious. The sweet-tart flavor combination is delicious and the cake gets topped with a creamy, 3-ingredient coconut frosting.
39. Plum Upside Down Pumpkin Cake: If you’re already excited for pumpkin season, this mashup of late summer and early fall flavors is a fun upside down cake to make! With sticky sweet-yet-tart plums, canned pumpkin, and warming spices.
40. Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Cilantro Pesto: Crispy brown on the outside but buttery smooth on the inside, these smashed potatoes are addictively good! Served with an easy vegan cilantro pesto for a burst of flavor!
41. Carrot and Radish Top Pesto Salad: A light and refreshing salad that’s perfect for picnics! Another lettuce-free salad, the base of this salad are boiled baby potatoes and steamed asparagus (substitute green beans if asparagus isn’t in season). Paired with a zero-waste pesto made of carrot and radish tops (use just carrot tops if radishes aren’t in season).
Have my cookbook? Try the Fluffy Garlic Mashed Potatoes in Chapter 3 or Warm Tahini Fingerling Potato Salad in Chapter 4.
42. Buttery Raspberry Crumble Bars: These bars have a thick jammy layer of raspberries mixed with raspberry jam nestled between a buttery oat crumble crust and topping! They’re vegan and easy to make gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
43. Vegan Vanilla Layer Cake with Raspberry Jam: An extremely tender, light and fluffy yet buttery vanilla layer cake sandwiched between layers of homemade raspberry jam and tangy buttercream frosting! So decadent and delicious and perfect for special occasions!
44. Fudgy Glazed Vegan Brownies with Raspberries: These fudgy brownies are so rich and indulgent, you’d never guess they’re vegan! Made with lots of dark chocolate, a 3-ingredient chocolate glaze and raspberry topping, these are the best vegan brownies and a must-try for any chocolate lover!
45. Fresh Tomato Pasta with Charred Cherry Tomatoes: This is a double tomato pasta that is an excellent use for summer tomatoes. There are only 6 ingredients and it takes just 15 minutes to make! This pasta is light and lovely and perfect for al fresco dining, but if you want to bulk it up, serve with pan-fried cannellini beans or your favorite protein. (This is the second pasta recipe in this roundup blog post).
46. Cheesy Vegan Heirloom Tomato Tart: This savory tart is a delicious summer dinner or appetizer, and the perfect use for heirloom tomatoes. Made easy with store-bought puff pastry and 5-minute homemade vegan ricotta and cashew parmesan.
Have my cookbook? Try the Fiery Arrabbiata Sauce in Chapter 1.
47. Crispy Zucchini and Corn Casserole: Featuring layers of zucchini and summer squash along with charred corn mixed in a fragrant basil sauce, and layered with marinara, vegan cheese and crispy bread crumbs, this is the perfect appetizer for late summer entertaining.
48. Creamy Zucchini Pesto Pasta: A spin on the classic pesto, this Creamy Vegan Zucchini Pesto Pasta is made with caramelized zucchini and garlic, pine nuts, basil, and lemon zest and finished with chickpeas and extra caramelized zucchini. Easy, weeknight-friendly, and just 9 ingredients, it’s a delicious summer dinner idea!
Have my cookbook? Try the The Best Damn Ratatouille in Chapter 4.
I hope you enjoyed this roundup of 45+ Seasonal Recipes to Make in August! If you make one of these recipes, please leave a comment on the blog post :)